Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dads

Hello, dear family! Happy Father's Day to all the dads in Elreyland!


In honor of our dads, I'd like to...um..."challenge" everyone to post a memory of their dad or a dad that's significant in some way. Wouldn't it be great to read everyone's thoughts about dads? I'd even love to hear a story about Grandpa Art or Grandpa Dynomite, hint hint.



One memory I have of my dad is how he'd take us to the Thrifty's in Tucson to get ice cream. The cool thing about Thrifty ice cream was that the scoops were little cylinders of joy that fit right in the cone. I'm pretty sure this was a regular post-Family Home Evening event, and I loved it because we got to spend time together and enjoy what has become an important staple of the Mayberry diet. In my little childhood mind, my dad was a loving, caring provider of ice cream, and that made him my hero. Ha ha. It was simply comforting being able to enjoy something together as a family and I'm glad my dad made the sacrifice to take us.



Yeah, yeah, I know this is a minor memory, but it was one of those little, seemingly insignificant details that, put together with all the other little details, reminds me of how much I love my dad.



Now come on, family, let's hear your thoughts!

No comments: