Sunday, June 17, 2007

Of Dads & Such...

Brent...ahhhh! Thrifty's ice cream! That was the BEST! Wasn't it great when we went to Mexico and got double chocolate malted crunch?! I miss that place! (I miss Maverick fro-yo self-serve for 89 cents, too).

I have a similar memory of my own dad, only it's about getting sodas at teh Maverick back when Maverick was only in Idaho. He had tons of the little 20-ounce mugs in his camper truck and refills were 20 cents....good times! I was searching my brain for some other Father memories that weren't bittersweet, but I'm afraid I can't come up with ANY (which is telling). But I do love all three of my dads and recognize their efforts to help us each become quality people in a less-than-ideal situation.

And of course that leads me to my Grandpa and my uncles who have done so much for the past 30+ years to fill in the gaps. Thanks so much to Papa Bill, Uncle Sam, Uncle, Matt, and Uncle Ralph for your unconditionaly love, your support, your wise counsel, and for living and cherishing the gospel. Like the song says, "I'm everything I am because you loved me."

Which THEN leads me to my dear brothers and cousins...Happy Fathers Day to you dear newer Daddies, and those of you who are still professional five-star uncles. NEVER underestimate your influence in the lives of your nieces and nephews as well as your kids. Every loving word and special one-on-one moment adds up and can reinforce a child's self respect and desire to choose the right. You add so much to lives of my kids--the more righteous priesthood holders they have intheir lives the better!

And to my dear husband whom I love with all my heart (and whom I already wrote about HERE)--thank you for giving our girls the life I dreamed of. Your hard work and self-sacrifice, your gentleness and love unfeigned makes our family a forever one (and makes up for my craziness).

And now we are off to celebrate with a nap! The best mother's or father's day gift of all!!!!

Mucho Amor--Jamie

No comments: