Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What A TRIP!!

I have had the best trip in a long while, for obvious reasons. I am so thankful for all the LOVE and the fun I had visiting Brent, Will & Audrey, Jill & Drew, Jamie & Rich and all their beautiful children.
Brent met me in SLC and we drove to Draper to check out IKEA. It is massive and it takes forever to get through the whole store because you have to walk the whole flippin' store to get out. We bought a nice magazine table for Brent and some IKEA offical grandma plates, cups, bowles, dinnerware. We headed up to Will's and visited. Brent did his Charles in Charge things with the kids out back and it was so fun to watch the pure joy of Spencer being chased by Brent. Such wounderful laughter. Will and Audrey went to the movies and we stayed with the kids.

We got to Brent's little home about midnight. We hit the sackand then cleaned and organized and got settled in the next morning. By noon we were on our way to Bryce Canyon to scout out Brent's half marathon he was to run on Saturday. We stayed in Panguitch and drove the 45 min. to Bryce Canyon the next morning. Friday night we ate at the C-stop. It is just a little hole in the wall place but it was excellent food. We left Panguitch at 4:15a.m. and the race started at6:00a.m.

I waited at the finish line for Brent and was really proud to have been able to see him race. We drove back to Provo after a shower and a nap.

Sunday we were able to sleep in a little and then we went to church at BYU. I am so thankful for the experience of attending student wards. One it is soooo quiet there and it is wonderful to feel the spirit. These kids are amazing in their gospel insight and their ability to express themselves. Really enjoyed myself.

Monday was work day for Brent as he was just returning from San Antonio,TX. Only a half day though. He took me to my favorite store in Provo, the Fabric Mill. So I spent a huge chunk of my vacation dollars right there. We went up to Jill and Drew's for Family night and dinner. It was AWESOME. Thanks so much Petersons. I had so much fun.

Happy 24th on Tuesday!!! Lacy was so sweet to come and pick me up at Brent's and take me with her and her Grandmother to her Uncle Ken's for a BBQ. It was really nice and I got to see most of Lacy's family while I was there--especially Little P. After Lacy's BBQ, we went to see Auntie Marietta. What a sweety. I love her so much! Pineapple dip and Fritoes and brownies--so cute! Brent and I went to see Rachel, a nurse who worked in SV and knows Maren. Then we went to the BOCA VS. SLC REAL soccer game. It was pretty entertaining. The best part was the little 20 month girl who was seated in front of me. She only spoke Spanish and was really cute. The Game ended in a TIE, 1 to 1 .

Are you tired yet?????? We left the game for Montana. We slept in Idaho Falls, then continued on 4 hours to Jamie's.

The drive to Jamie's was beautiful. I spent most of my time with my nose in Harry Potter. The few times I did look up I quickly looked back down as I was looking at the bumper of the car in front of us . Soooo we made it to Livingston and I was so happy to see Jamie and her little family. We had lunch then went to Bozeman to visit the Museum of the Rockies planetarium, Egyptian, and Dinosaur exhibits. Then we attended her stake's 24th celebration in Bozeman. Then back toLivingston. We wanted to float down the river on Thursday the 26th, but the cool temps hit and we were happy to roast marshmallows and make s'moreson the banks. It was really pleasant at the river. Thanks Rich and Jamie for all your efforts to make our visit lovely.

Brent was the best at chauffering me around. Thanks, son, for being so attentive and making my little vacation so pleasant. I loved being with you and I hope that I was not overly-- you know , myself. Anyway, thank you so much. Here are some pictures, I hope!!

No comments: