Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A visit with The Elreys

This is on the way out. The trees have some sort of red berries on them, I think it is so pretty the way they are trimmed.
Front gate
I tried to get some of the fur off the head stone, so we could read it better




Marti, you were right the faucet is yellow.


This is the front gate
This is the office for the cemetary There is moss and stuff growing on the headstone...I am going to take a scrub brush and clean it off. I am also going to take some flowers......nobody has been to visit for a long time.



At Martis prompting, I went to the Rose City Cemetary to visit Great Grandpa Charles and Grandma Mary Elrey. I found them, the cemetary is a beautiful old, very well kept little cemetary in the old part of Portland. It is only about 10 minutes from my house. I took pictures....so here they are.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is so awesome, Mom! Do you have a photo of Charles and Mary on your computer? Did I scan one of Gramp & Ett with them? I can't remember. Anyway, that is sooooo cool! I didn't realize they were buried in Portland. AWESOME!